Thursday, October 4, 2012

Blessing of the Animals 2012

via

Today is St. Francis (Patron Saint of Animals) Feast Day. I am very honored to share my birthday with such a wonderful person. Anyone who knows me knows that I love ALL animals. Some may call me the crazy dog lady -- a title I hold with honor. ;-) For all of those who can't attend a "Blessing of the Animals" service today, here's a prayer you can say to your beloved pets and animal friends.....

“Blessed are you, Lord God, maker of all living creatures. You called forth fish in the sea, birds in the air and animals on the land. You inspired St. Francis to call all of them his brothers and sisters. We ask you to bless this pet. By the power of your love, enable it to live according to your plan. May we always praise you for all your beauty in creation. Blessed are you, Lord our God, in all your creatures! Amen.”

If you'd like to learn more about the "Blessing of the Animals" and/or St. Francis then please click here. That is where I got the prayer from.

Happy St. Francis Feast Day!!!!! :-)

0 comments: