Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Most Beautiful Love Story

 
We signed up for Netflix years ago and we love it. Last Christmas, I got my husband a Roku device which will let you watch Netflix movies, shows, etc instantly on your television. I use the device more than he does. ;-) I am always scouting out new movies and old movies to watch. Recently, I have really gotten into documentaries. I came across one the other day that I had to add to the "Watch Instantly Queue." I sat down tonight to watch it for the first time. The documentary is called My Dog: An Unconditional Love Story.

It was the most beautiful love story I have ever seen. I laughed, I cried (tears of joy & sorrow) and connected with these people more than I ever have watching a film. The common bond that brings all of us strangers together to laugh, love and play....four simple letters....DOGS! How blessed we are to have them in our lives.

If you haven't seen this film yet then I highly recommend watching it. It is beautiful beyond belief. You can rent it on Netflix, watch it on the Netflix Instant Queue or buy it (which I will do) so you can watch it over and over again.

A quote from the film, "What a joy and a miracle it is to be able to spend time with a life form representing pure love" by Livingston Taylor.

I hope you all, my fellow dog lovers, will enjoy this film as much as I did. :-)

3 comments:

emilyc @ Sew Super Sweet said...

This sounds like a wonderful collection of stories! Thanks for the recommendation!

BTW - Have you read The Art of Racing in the Rain? Wonderful, wonderful book.

Chihuahua Girl said...

Hi Emily! It is so funny that you mentioned that book. Right after I blogged about "The Most Beautiful Love Story" I started typing up a blog for tomorrow. It is about the book The Art of Racing In The Rain. It is one of my all time favorite books.

Our minds are on the same wavelength for sure! Thanks for the suggestion. Do you have any other suggestions of great dog books for me to read? I read Marley and Me before it was made into a movie. I cried like a baby!

emilyc @ Sew Super Sweet said...

I love the post! I also read the book in one day...during the 4 hour car ride from Houston to Dallas to be exact. :)

Other than Marley and Me, I can't think of any other good animal books, except Where the Red Ferm Grows and Old Yeller of course. :)