Saturday, June 9, 2012

Happy Birthday (Rescue Day) Sadie!

The first day we found/rescued her off the streets. Look at that sweet smile!

Sadie's Story...

It was 4 years ago today that my husband found our sweet girl on the streets. Her body was completely shaven to her skin, blisters and scabs were all over her from the horrible sunburn that she had and she was almost hit by an oncoming car when my husband saved her that glorious morning.

We knew she needed medical attention. The vet said if we would have brought her in just an hour later than we did her organs would have boiled. Yikes! So she got some much needed medical attention and I picked her up on my way home from work. When they brought her out from the back she ran into my arms -- wagging her tail so hard I thought it might fall off. I knew right then -- we were SO keeping her. Now, I just had to convince my husband. We already had three dogs so I didn't know how he would feel about a fourth puppy dog in the mix.

We had to quarantine her for a week from our other dogs. So, we blocked off half the house for what seemed like forever. My husband would sleep with her at night in the guest bedroom. He would rub her for hours until she fell asleep. Precious!

Finally, she could be with the other dogs. Hooray, they all loved each other! As my husband and I were sitting on the couch talking about her future, she sat in front of the ottoman and fell asleep sitting up. Alex took one look at me and said "Oh, we are so keeping her. She is so ours." Yes! Mission accomplished (as I winked at Sadie)!

Now that we were definitely keeping her she had to have a name. We decided on Sadie Samara (which means - Princess Protected by God). That is exactly what she is -- our sweet little precious princess! :-)

Happy Birthday (Rescue Day) Sadie! Mommy and Daddy love you so very much!

Sadie's new birthday toy, Mrs. Owl. :-)
Sadie loving life and playing with another new toy! :-)

And another toy. We believe in spoilin' around here! :-)

2 comments:

Two French Bulldogs said...

Happy Birthday Sadie
Benny & Lily

Chihuahua Girl said...

Thanks so much Benny and Lily!!! :-)

Waggy Tails and Puppy Kisses,

Sadie
The Park Avenue Chihuahua Crew