Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Book You Won't Be Able To Put Down

A year ago, a friend of mine loaned me this book to read. She said, "You will love it Tina. You being a dog lover will love it. I couldn't put it down Tina." So, I waited for my turn to read the book. Before last year and before reading this book I had kind of lost touch with my love of books. Life takes over and before you know it your busy day has ended and it's time for bed. No time for reading...too busy with other things.

Once the book was in my possession, I sat on it for about 2 weeks. It sat on my nightstand night after night calling to me "Pick me up Tina. Read me. You won't be sorry." Every night I had an excuse why I couldn't read this book. It was only after I realized that I borrowed this book from my friend and that she probably was waiting to get it back to loan it to another friend that I needed to read it soon.

I picked this book up to read on an overcast day, thinking it was a great day to stay in. I couldn't put this book down once I picked it up. Now, I am not the fastest (or slowest) reader but I was so into the book that I finished it in one day (one very long day ;-).

If you love a great book and you love dogs then please read The Art Of Racing In The Rain.


Even after reading this book a year ago, it still resonates with me. I still think of the story from time to time. I think it is because of the hope that we will all be reincarnated one day (in one way shape or form) and that this life is not all there is. I look at my puppy dogs and wonder....then I just smile! :-)

5 comments:

emilyc @ Sew Super Sweet said...

Yay! You HAVE read it! :) I love this book, thanks for sharing.

LuLu and Wally said...

I read this book a couple of months ago and absolutely loved it!

BlogDog said...

I read this book before! It is one of the best, and my favourite dog book!

Bing&Ben's mum
adoptedmutts.blogspot.com

Bonnie said...

I LOVED this book too!!!! another dog book that i loved and have recommended to everyone that i know that ever loved a dog....The Dog Who Spoke With Gods by Diane Jessup. I hope you'll check it out!!!!

Chihuahua Girl said...

Thanks for the suggestion Bonnie! I will definitely have to read "The Dog Who Spoke With Gods". :-)

~ Park Avenue Chihuahua